Please review the following safety procedures in order to ensure greater safety for you and our children as they arrive at school. (Please refer to the illustration of the parking lot below)
In an effort to further ensure the safety of our children during periods of dropping them off at school or picking them up after school, please follow the guidelines listed below as well as the directions of staff on duty each day before and after school:
- Slow down and be alert through school zones and parking lots.
- Drop-off/Pick-up students only along the fence line in the yellow painted zone
- Do not park in the red painted zone in the parking lot, it limits the flow of cars
- Accompany students (by an adult) from the parking lot into the school grounds
- Use the parking lots to drop-off/pick-up students. The street (2700 North) is not a safe drop-off/pick-up zone
- Do not use the Bus Loading Zone to drop off students
- Cross the street at cross walks and with the support of crossing guards.
- The WSD Transportation Dept requires that bus riders get on and off the bus at his/her assigned stop. Students who are not bus-riders are not permitted to ride the bus.
- Students must remain seated on the bus in the seat assigned to them by the driver and follow all other expectations established by the driver.
- When arriving to school grounds, walk your bike and park it in the area provided to ensure the safety of all students
- Never allow a child to get out of a car and cut across the parking lot.
- Always let students out right along the fence line painted yellow that leads to the building entrance.
- Students should never be let off from the street.
- If students are let out in another location, please walk with them to the school grounds or into the school.
- Early check-outs are extremely disruptive to the learning process and should be avoided.
- We do not allow children to leave the from the fence line unless their ride is at the fence line, or an adult walks to the fence line and accompanies them to their car.
- We do not allow children to walk up the sidewalk to the street to get into a car. The street is not a safe drop-off/pick-up zone.
- If you do not want to wait in line for your child after school, you may park your car in the parking lot and walk up to the fence line and accompany your child back to your car.
- Please follow the traffic flow pattern identified in the illustration on the back of this page in order to keep the flow of traffic moving smoothly.
Thank you for your cooperation in helping us to keep our students safe and free from accidents.